Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Finally...

I am trying to catch up. So many things to do, so little time but I did blog several days in a row, which is a record. Camp was so awesome, I miss the mountains, I miss the hills. I went for a run today it is so flat around here. Makes you appreciate it even more.

Any way the Saturday/Sunday of camp was great. On Saturday I rode over a 100 miles of the course with Jennifer Collister and Paula Kertes. We rolled out at 6:00 AM it was a cool but beautiful day. Trephina and Gary rolled out with us too but were going a little shorter due to there race schedules. There were so many athletes in town and on the course. After being on the bike over 7 hours- my longest ride of the year, we headed out for a brick run. Checked out Jennifer's house where she is staying, a sweet place. Later that afternoon Hods took us down to the river and we dipped our aching legs in, it felt so good. Great way to end a training day. Another great dinner, plenty of comedy to go around. I had no trouble falling asleep.

Sunday morning back up for 6:30 AM two hour trail run. Beautiful trails, very challenging but in a good way. Everyone was tired but did great. Headed back to hotel and packed up. Everyone from Ohio had a 8+ hour drive home so we were motivated to get going.

One of my favorite things about the sport of triathlon is going to camp. It is a Meatballs kind of thing, and I love being a CIT. When I first decided to do my 1st triathlon a 11 years ago, I headed to Colorado to learn from the Man himself, Dave Scott. It was a great experience and I have been camping every since. I met Scott at a camp called "hell week" best thing about that camp was meeting Scott. In January 2001 I switched coaches to Hodska and did not meet him face to face till Scott and I showed up in CT for camp, and we have been together every since. It is an incredible opportunity to get away and concentrate on one thing. I can't wait till the next one. I am trying to figure out how to get to CT in September.

Special thanks to Eric , for all his hard work, his positive energy, great motivation and for always remembering to have fun.

To my athletes Jen, Paula, Trephina, and Chris. You all were unbelievable. I promise this camp will take you to the next level and then some. I can't wait to see you all have great days. You have all worked so hard and you have certainly earned it.

To Eric athletes what a great group, it was great training with some of you again and meeting others for the first time. I always love meeting Eric's athletes, it is always a class act.

Looking forward to watching everyone have great days.

Gotta get so more sleep back on my bike tomorrow.

No comments: