Thursday, June 21, 2007

One day at a time....

Take it as it comes, and it is amazing what you can do. This is a great mind set for camp. It is such an incredible opportunity to be here and to get to do this type of training in this place with these people. Camp is one of my favorite types of vacations, it is how I met Scott, it is how I became a better athlete, it has helped be a better coach and so much more.

We officially started the 1st Hodska/ Forster Tri camp today in Lake Placid. What a day, it was awesome! We started early with an incredible trail run for 90+ min, where we ran to a waterfall, and then climbed, and I do mean climbed to another lake to dip our legs and eat bagels. The weather was great and the scencry was incredible.

Came back regrouped and then headed out for a 3+ hour ride and preview of the course, stopping along the way to review the course. The little rain shower did not dampen any spirirts. Came back had a nutritional discussion and then a great swim in Mirror Lake.

My athletes Chris, Jennifer, Paula, and Trephina are having a blast and performing very well. It has been great to meet some of Eric's athletes and visit with so many I already knew. We have a great group, great energy and lots of fun.

I can't wait till tomorrow we go to conquer Whiteface Mountain!!! I am so tired got to get some sleep, so glad to have my husband now with me too.

Train safe , tune in tomorrow for more

Angela

No comments: