Wednesday, June 20, 2007

LP Love affair

I have a love affair with the city of Lake Placid. It is awesome to be back and I am so glad we decided to move the Hodska & Forster camp to LP . LP is one of my favorite places, I had the opportunity to leave Cleveland a little earlier, so after shedding several tears, this is first time I have left Wesley for an extended period of time. He is doing fine much harder on his father and I.

I had a pretty good drive, lots of traffic, lots of construction, lots and lots of rain. I keep telling myself that this is how long it takes Scott to do Ironman. It took me 9:45 min. I rolled in at 10:45 PM, unloaded the car, and tried to sleep but it did not work my Red Bull at 7:30 PM was not going to all ow me. I watched tv, I was bored but no sleep. I know I will tonite.

So I headed to Starbucks at 6:00 AM the town was just waking up. So quiet, so peaceful an so beautiful.

Hooked up with Hods and Baker at Starbucks, we went over all the details of camp. We have a great group coming!!!
The city really embraces us, the Mountain View Inn is great and perfect location.

We made plans to head out on a trail run that Eric had already scouted out. We drove out the run /bike and course and picked up some trails. It was a great run, the trail was great challenging but fun. We headed to a special place, more on that tomorrow. Came back had some breakfast, went to the grocery, then the bike store, we always need something.

Then went out for ride. Chris Nook got into camp early so we headed out for ardie , did course in reverse, to the out and back and thenm back up Mama,Papa & Baby bear. Chris did great, riding strong and we got to go over several things in detail.

Back to hotel, little bit of shopping for me and then Group Run. Everyone arrived and we headed out for quick run and nice dineer at the boathouase followed by Ben & Jerrys- I am so tired that I will have to finish up tomorrow.

Thanks for reading wish you were all here.

Train Safe
Angela

No comments: