Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Letter to my coach and great friend...




Two weeks ago, Scott and I had the opportunity to go to a Surprise 40th birthday party for Eric Hodska, our coach. His wife Lisa did an awesome job, she kept him guessing right to the end. The look on his face when he saw Scott and I, was worth the trip. We had just spent the week before with him in Lake Placid at our training camp. So he was very surprised to see us in New Haven CT.

Scott and I have both been blessed in many ways to have Eric as our coach, and even more as our friend.Athletically he helped us both qualify for Ironman Hawaii,he guided me through the Mohican 100 mile trail run,we have done more Ironmans then I can remember, I can't imagine doing one without him. I have had the pleasure of going to several Hodska training camps as a camper. Then as I graduated to coaching myself we have done 4 camps in Cleveland and our newest addition was Lake Placid this year. Eric has played a significant role in my becoming a coach and continues to guide me.

On a personal level Eric is an incredible friend, great marriage counselor, confidant, and always willing to give insight to child rearing. I could go on, just wanted to put this out there so sometime when he reads my blog he can read for himself how much Scott and I appreciate him and how much we love him!!
Here's to you Eric!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Wow Ange - I'm very honored!

Thanks so much and it meant an awful lot to have you at my suprise party.

Cheers,

EH