Sunday, April 1, 2007

What a weekend

There was plenty of racing action this weekend. I was anxiously awaiting for my athletes to call and give there results, I realized again how much I love this sport.

I had a great run this morning with Tina Hoban, we talk so much, or I should say I do, that I do not even realize the time. We were talking about how great and how fortunate we are just to be able to participate. I was expressing my hope for Scott as he was racing in Texas this morning as I was running. He has had a rough couple years as far as racing and injuries, I just wanted him to have fun and to be safe. Well that partly happened.

This was like opening weekend for AFT, several athletes racing, and I am excited and proud to announce they all did great!!!. I am looking forward to the upcoming race reports.

Jodi Thompson had a great race in California, her 1st 1/2 Ironman is now history and it is full speed ahead to Ironman CDA. Jodi is right on target to have a great 1st Ironman experience too. Check out jodi's blog- www.joditris.blogspot.com

Eric Gibb had a great race down in Athens Ohio with a PR in the 1/2 Marathon. Check out his blog www.trierictri.blogspot.com

Down in Galveston Texas, Chris Nook and Bob Murphy both had great days, especially in spite of the conditions. Rain, flooding, humidity, and lots and lots of wind.

My husband who also raced in Texas, did not have the greatest day. He cut the bottom of his foot at the start of the swim. He did not stop to check, did the swim, and the entire 56 mile bike with badly bleeding foot. When he entered in to T2 he stopped at the medical tent, they said he should not be running and needed stitches. He made it through 7 very painful miles and realized(thank god) he needed to stop. His race day was cut short, and then began race #2 began to the airport.He made the flight, got home,and after putting our son to bed, is on his way to the ER. In spite of everything he said he was glad to be back out there. What a day!!
He is amazing , he keeps coming back in spite of everything he has endured the last several years. His day is coming, and the good thing is I will be there to witness it next time.

We should all relish each and every opportunity that we have to train, to race, to just participate because what would life be life if we did not???

Train safe
Angela

No comments: