Monday, April 16, 2007

41 years......

I share some thoughts today, a little birthday reflection. I take to look back on my 41 years, I swear things do get better. I feel better now than I did at 21, could be the lack of beer and Twinkies!!!(not kidding) Every year has truly been better than the last. I am still learning, growing and yet have so many things that I want to accomplish. As I take a rest from racing this year, it has given me more time to appreciate all that I have done and to get even more excited about the possibilities of what is to come. I believe you have to keep challenging and reaching for something more, different or better. Otherwise you are just filling days, and I want mine to be extraordinary ones.

I am so inspired by all of the athletes that I have an opportunity to coach. To see your hard you work, to see you juggle all life throws at you, and still keep it all together. It is exciting for me to watch the process of development, to be part of the journey that you all are on, for the first times, the second times, the third and fourth and on, it is great to have a front row seat to the action, I appreciate the the chance more than you all know .

I had a great time watching Ironman Arizona yesterday. Big Shout out too Jennifer Hutchinson, our good friend, and sports nutritionist that spoke here in February, qualified for Kona! She was rocking, had a great race, and it headed to Hawaii again. I can't wait to get back there someday myself.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: