Sunday, May 11, 2008

Being Mom....


Being mom for me is my greatest accomplishment and my greatest challenge. Being mom has taken the focus off myself and put it somewhere more important. It is nice to have a day where Mothers are recognized, however for me the only recognition I need is from my child not Hallmark. The kind of person he is and continues to become will be my reward. Being mom is about the journey, not the destination. It is one of the few things in life that I will never want to be over. I see the future and how that relationship continues to grow and I will not be needed or wanted in the same way. I am practicing everyday to be present with my child and with the time we have now. That is a wonderful gift in and of itself that I am giving to myself. Being mom has made me have a greater appreciation for my husband, for all that he does, for the man he is and mostly for the father he is. Being mom has made me grateful for more things that I could ever list.Here are a few that top my the list ..our health, the time we spend together, and the peace I feel inside. I am truly thankful everyday that I get to be a my son's mom, it is truly a privilege.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

JenC said...

He's a wonderful child and lucky to have you both! Happy belated Mother's Day!